Sony Sound Forge 9
- Platform: Windows
- Manufacturer: Sony
- Type: Retail Boxed, Full Edition
- MPN: SF9000
- Stock Code: 1224242
- More: .
- Availability: Call For Availability
The Sound Forge 9 professional digital audio production suite includes everything you need to quickly get from raw audio to finished master. Use this suite to create and edit stereo and multichannel audio files with speed and precision. Efficiently analyze, record and edit audio, digitize and restore old recordings, model acoustic environments, design sound for multimedia, and master replication-ready CDs.Includes Tools for Sound Design and Mastering In addition to Sound Forge 9 software, this comprehensive audio production suite includes CD Architect 5 software for designing, mastering and burning Red Book audio CDs, Noise Reduction 2 plug-ins to fix common audio problems such as tape hiss, camera hum, clicks, and pops, and the Mastering Effects Bundle powered by iZotope, a collection of four professional audio plug-ins.
Stereo and Multichannel Recording Sound Forge 9 software has a complete set of tools for recording audio. Record straight into your sound card or use the Record Timer to begin and end a session at a specific time and date. Alternatively, you can start recording when a certain audio threshold is reached with Threshold Record Triggering. You can also now record and edit multichannel audio files as easily as stereo files. More About Recording and Playback
Precise Audio Editing Edit stereo and native multichannel audio files down to the sample level in real time. Use familiar Windows commands to cut, copy, paste, mix, and crossfade audio. Drag and drop to edit between channels, and work on one file while processing others in the background. More About Editing and Workflow
Pristine Sound Quality Sound Forge software supports full resolution 24-bit and 32-bit/64-bit float 192 kHz files for the ultimate in audio fidelity. Capture the subtle overtones and nuances of instruments, vocals, and effect changes. More General Features
Powerful Effects Processing Apply over 40 professional studio effects and processes including Normalize, EQ, Delay, Chorus, Volume, Dynamics, Noise Gate, Pitch Shift, Flange, and Vibrato. Chain multiple effects together and apply them to selections or entire files using the Plug-in Chainer. Sound Forge 9 software also supports DirectX and VST effects, including parameter automation, to expand the number of effects you can apply to audio and increase your mastering flexibility. More About Tools and Effects
Audio-for-Video Sound Forge 9 software supports multiple video formats including AVI, WMV, and MPEG-1 and MPEG-2. Synchronize audio and video frame by frame. Import Flash (SWF) files* to visually synchronize your audio to your project. Sound Forge 9 software includes MPEG-2 templates for writing HDV-compliant files at both 720p and 1080i resolutions. Also included are templates for encoding WMV 720p and 1080p.
Sound Forge 9 General Features :
- UI color customization New! - The Sound Forge 9 user interface is fully customizable. Most UI elements including waveform and envelope colors, markers, and default window heights can be customized to fit your workflow.
- Gracenote CD Album Identification New! - Sound Forge 9 software supports the Gracenote MusicID Media Recognition Service. When extracting audio from a CD, you can view information including track title, artist, and also submit song information.
- Regions List and Playlists Windows - The Regions List and Playlist windows in Sound Forge 9 have features for fast in-place editing and sorting. Quickly edit regions by typing new values in the Name, Start, End, or Length fields.
- 24-Bit, 32-Bit/64-Bit Float/192 kHz Support - Sound Forge software supports full resolution 24-bit/32-bit 192 kHz files for the ultimate in audio fidelity. Capture the subtle overtones and nuances of instruments, vocals, and effect changes that 24-bit audio provides. With Sound Forge audio software you can import, save, and even record to this resolution if your hardware supports it.
- Media Explorer with Automatic File Previewing - Quickly and easily find, preview, and open media files using the Media Explorer window. Drag files and regions from the Explorer into the workspace or onto another open file for easy pasting, mixing, or crossfading. Explore audio files on a CD-ROM and extract automatically by dragging from the Explorer into the Sound Forge workspace.
- ACID Loop Creation Tools - Create your own music loops for use in ACID software. Create one-shots, loops, and Bitmapped tracks. Using the ACID Loop Creation Toolbar you can display and edit ACID .wav file properties including tempo and root note, finely edit audio clips and shift selections to get the sound you want. When you create a loop, the information you set is embedded in the file, so your loops will change tempo and pitch-shift along with your ACID project.
*Action Scripting, motion video, and audio not supported
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Complete Package|
|License Quantity||1 User|
|Operating System||Microsoft Windows Vista, XP, or 2000 SP4|
|Min CPU||900 MHz processor|
|Min HDD||150 MB|
|Min RAM||256 MB|
|Peripheral Devices||DVD-ROM drive|
|Other Software Requirements||Internet Explorer 5.1 or later|
- Microsoft Windows 2000 SP4, XP, or Windows Vista
- 900 MHz processor
- 150 MB hard-disk space for program installation
- 256 MB RAM
- Windows-compatible sound card
- DVD-ROM drive (for installation)
- Supported CD-Recordable drive (for CD burning)
- Microsoft DirectX 9.0c or later (included on DVD-ROM)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 (included on DVD-ROM)
- Internet Explorer 5.1 or later (included on DVD-ROM)
You must provide your registration information to Sony Creative Software Inc., a US company, in order to activate the software. Product requires online registration within 30 days.
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.