Symantec Backup Exec Agent 12.5 for Microsoft SQL Server
- Platform: Windows
- Manufacturer: Symantec
- Type: Retail Boxed, Full Edition
- MPN: 14173501
- Stock Code: 024234
- More: Backup Exec 12.5
- Availability: Unavailable
This product is no longer available to purchase.
Please see our Related Products section for an alternative product or for an up to date version of this software.
With Symantec Backup Exec Agent 12.5 for Microsoft SQL Server efficiently eliminate the daily backup window for SQL servers and enable recovery of database transactions that have been made right up to the time of the hardware or software failure. Additionally, flexible recovery options allow IT administrators to restore SQL databases to destinations other than where they originated, directing a copy of the actual data streams being sent to media by a SQL database to a local directory for later use. The SQL Server 2005 snapshots are integrated into the Backup Exec catalog for a consolidated look at all data copies available for recovery in seconds. This agent provides SQL Server 7.0, SQL Server 2000, SQL Server 2005 and 2008 administrators with granular protection on 32- and 64-bit systems down to the individual database or file group.
Backup Exec Agents and Option enhance and extend platform and feature support for Backup Exec Environments. Whether you need to protect critical Microsoft applications or non-Microsoft Operating systems, Backup Exec 12.5 for Windows Servers has an expansive portfolio of high powered Agents and Options to scale and grow a Backup Exec environment. The Backup Exec 12.5 Media Server and Agent of Windows Systems licenses include Advanced Open File Option (AOFO) and Intelligent Disaster Recovery Option (IDRO).
KEY FEATURES OF BACKUP EXEC v12.5:
- Market leading data protection for physical and virtual server environments
- Patent-pending Granular Recovery Technology (GRT) recovers critical Microsoft application data in seconds
- Centralized 3-Tier set-up, reporting and patch management
- Scalable heterogeneous support through remote Agents and Options
- Continuous Data Protection for Exchange, SQL and file servers
- Innovative multi-product integration with market leading technologies
- Online Storage protects data in off-site data centers
KEY BENEFITS OF BACKUP EXEC v12.5:
- Comprehensive data protection for Windows-based businesses including optimized support for Microsoft Windows Server 2008 portfolio and comprehensive data protection for VMware and Microsoft virtual server infrastructures.
- Eliminate Exchange mailbox backups, reduce recovery times, storage requirements and overall management resources.
- Easily update and manage a growing Backup Exec infrastructure throughout a Windows data center, or across remote offices from a single console.
- Prevent data loss on heterogeneous servers and maximize performance with supported protection for NAS NDMP filers and devices and SAN environments
- Eliminates the backup window and ensures recovery point objectives are easily met for Exchange, File Servers, SQL servers and desktop data.
- Integrated security, backup and archive functionality, further providing complete data protection for growing organizations.
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|Licence Type||Complete Package|
|Licence Quantity||1 User|
|Operating System||Windows 2000 Server SP4, Windows Server 2003 SP1, Windows Storage Server 2003 SP1, Windows 2003 R2, Windows Server 2008, Windows Essential Business Server 2008 Premium, Windows Essential Business Server 2008 Standard|
|Min CPU||Intel Pentium, Xeon, AMD, or compatible|
|Min HDD||805 MB|
|Min RAM||256 MB (512 MB recommended)|
|Peripheral Devices||CD- or DVD-ROM drive|
|Other Software Requirements||Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later|
|Internet/Network||Network interface card or a virtual network adapter device|
For a complete list of supported environments, refer to the Backup Exec hardware and software compatibility list.Operating Systems Supported
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008
- Microsoft Windows Essential Business Server 2008
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 family (SP1).
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 family.
- Microsoft Windows Storage Server 2003.(SP1)
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server family.(SP4, Update Rollup 1 for Windows SP4) (SP4 is min for support of SQLExpress 2005)
- For Windows Small Business Server, please see Backup Exec for Windows Small Business Server
- VMware ESX Server 2.5, 3.0 and 3.5
- VMware Infrastructure 3 (replacement/rename for ESX Server)
- VMware Server 1.0 (replacement/rename for GSX Server)
- VMware GSX Server 3.1 and 3.2
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- Microsoft Virtual Server 2005 R2
Note: for Mini-filter drivers (needed for Exchange granular support) Only certain versions of Windows Server 2000 and Windows Server 2003 support minifilters. Specifically: Windows Server 2000 must have SP4 and the âUpdate Rollup 1 for Windows SP4â.Windows Server 2003 must have at least SP1.
- Microsoft Windows Vista (Ultimate, Business & Enterprise) (Supported by Remote Agent for Windows Servers only)
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional (SP2) (SP2 is min for support for SQL Express 2005)
Note: Storage Provisioning will require Window 2003 R2 or Windows 2008. It will also depend on VDS 1.1
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later
- Service Pack 1 is required for SQL Server 2005 Express
- Intel Pentium, Xeon, AMD, or compatible
Memory--Backup Exec Media Server
Note: RAM Requirements may vary depending on the operations performed, the options installed, and the specific computer configuration.
- Required: 256 MB RAM
- Recommended: 512 MB RAM (or more for better performance)
Memory--Backup Exec CASO Server
Note: RAM requirements may vary depending on the number of media servers being supported.
- Required: 512 MB RAM
- Recommended: 1 GB RAM
- 20 MB above the Windows recommended size for total paging file size (total for all disk volumes)
Note: Disk space requirements may vary depending on operations performed, the options installed, and the specific system configuration. Backup Exec database and catalogs require additional space.
- 696 MB (Typical Installation)
- 805 MB (includes all options)
- Network interface card or a virtual network adapter card
- CD-ROM drive
- (Recommended) A mouse
- (Optional for pager notification) Modem supported by Microsoft Windows
- (Optional for printer notification) Printer supported by Microsoft Windows
Backup Exec requires at least one storage media drive and/or single-drive robotic library and the appropriate controller card. Removable storage devices and non-removable hard drives can also be targeted for backups. Note: Support for a single robotic library drive is available when you purchase Backup Exec. To enable support for additional robotic library drives, you must purchase Backup Exec Library Expansion Option.
Product information is advisory only. Specifications and compatibility should be checked with the manufacturer before order. Images are for illustrative purposes only.