Symantec Backup Exec 2012 Agent for Windows Systems Business Pack (with 1 Year Basic Support)
Symantec Backup Exec 2012 Agent for Windows Systems provides high-performance data protection for remote Windows servers and includes Open File protection and Simplified Disaster Recovery. This Agent optimizes data transfers for 32-bit and 64-bit remote Windows servers with exclusive Agent Accelerator technology that provides source-level compression and distributed processing at the client. Open files are protected with the Advanced Open File capability built into the Agent for Windows. This capability integrates with VSS to protect open files in multiple volumes and ensures files on local or remote servers are protected while in use.
The Simplified Disaster Recovery feature saves time by automating the traditional manual, error-prone process of system recovery. This bare-metal, hardware independent disaster recovery quickly recovers complete servers, enabling restoration to the same hardware, to dissimilar hardware or even a virtual machine.
With four powerful technologies wrapped into one agent, users truly have complete data and system protection for every remote Windows server.
Symantec Backup Exec 2012 Agents and Options enhance and extend the Backup Exec features, capabilities, and platform support. Whether you need to protect VMware ESX, Microsoft Hyper-V, physical servers, critical applications, or databases, Backup Exec 2012 has a portfolio of high powered agents and options to scale and grow your Backup Exec environment.
- Easily restore virtual machines, applications, databases, file/folders or granular objects from a single pass backup in seconds with patented V-Ray technology
- Agentless backup of virtual machines
- Integrated bare-metal, dissimilar hardware and physical to virtual (P2V) recovery
- Best of breed data deduplication to optimize any backup strategy with client, media server and appliance data deduplication
- Innovative and modern administration console makes it easier than ever to set up backups, manage backup policies, perform disaster recoveries, and convert backups to virtual machines for instant disaster recovery
- Protects a broad range of operating systems, platforms, applications and databases in both virtual and physical environments with support for disk and tape storage devices
- Award winning data protection and disaster recovery designed for physical and virtual environments in a single unified solution
- Protect an unlimited number of virtual machines per host
- Dramatically minimize downtime and data loss by rapidly recovering what you need, when you need it with a single click
- Recover an entire system to the same hardware, entirely different hardware or virtual machine in the time it takes you to turn on a virtual machine
- Easily reduce data backup storage by 10:1 and shrink the backup window while optimizing network utilization across physical and virtual environments
- Eliminate point solutions, backup complexity, unnecessary storage growth, costs and risk with a single unified scalable solution
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|Licence Type||Complete Package|
|Licence Quantity||1 User|
|Operating System||Windows EBS 2008 (Std & Prm), Windows Svr 2003 families, Windows Svr 2008 families, Windows SBS 2003, Windows SBS 2008, Windows SBS 2011, Windows Unified Data Storage Server 2003 Enterprise SP2 - for full list, refer to Software Compatibility List|
|Min CPU||Intel Pentium, Xeon, AMD, or compatible|
|Min HDD||1.44 GB (Typical Installation); 2.32 GB (includes all options)|
|Min RAM||512 MB RAM above the operating system's requirements, 2GB recommended|
|Peripheral Devices||DVD-ROM drive; mouse & keyboard|
|Other Software Requirements||Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 or later|
|Internet/Network||Network interface card or a virtual network adapter card|
|Bundled Support||1 Year Basic Maintenance|
|SQL Server or SQL Express||Service Pack 4 is required|
- You cannot install a Backup Exec server on a computer that runs the Windows Server Core installation option of Windows Server 2008. You can only install the Backup Exec Agent for Windows on Server Core computers.
- You cannot install SQL Express or SQL Server 2005 on a Windows Server 2008 computer that is configured in a Read Only Domain Controller (RODC) role. The Read Only Domain Controller role does not let you use the local accounts that are required for SQL Express and SQL Server 2005. When you install Backup Exec on an RODC computer you must select a remote SQL instance for the Backup Exec Database.
Additional Application Support
You can use Backup Exec with Microsoft System Center Operation Manager (SCOM) 2007.
Internet Explorer 7.0 or later.
Intel Pentium, Xeon, AMD, or compatible.
SQL Server or SQL Express
Service Pack 4 is required.
Required: 512 MB RAM above the operating system's requirements.
Recommended: 2 GB RAM (or more for better performance)
- RAM requirements may vary depending on the operations performed, the options installed, and the specific computer configuration.
- For the Central Admin Server Option: 1 GB RAM is required; 2 GB RAM is recommended.
- Symantec Recovery Disk: 1 GB minimum (dedicated) for the multi-lingual version.
- Virtual Memory Recommendations: 20 MB above the Windows recommended size for total paging file size (total for all disk volumes). Refer to your Microsoft Windows help documentation for instructions on how to view or set the paging file size.
Installation Disk Space
1.44 GB (Typical installation)
2.32 GB (Includes all options)
Note: Disk space requirements may vary depending on the operations performed, the options installed, and the specific system configuration. The Backup Exec database and catalogs require additional space. An additional 330 MB is required for SQL Express.
The following hardware is recommended:
- Network interface card or a virtual network adapter card.
- CD/DVD drive.
- (Recommended) A mouse.
You can use storage media drives, robotic libraries, removable storage devices, and non-removable hard drives. Support is available for the first drive in each robotic library when you purchase Backup Exec. To enable support for each additional robotic library drive, you must purchase the Backup Exec Library Expansion Option.
Product information is advisory only. Specifications and compatibility should be checked with the manufacturer before order. Images are for illustrative purposes only.