Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Professional
- Platform: Windows
- Manufacturer: Microsoft
- Type: Retail Boxed, Full Edition
- MPN: C5E-00245
- Stock Code: 013503
- More: Microsoft Visual Studio
- Availability: 0
Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition is a comprehensive set of tools that accelerates the process of turning the developer's vision into reality. Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition was engineered to support development projects that target the Web (including ASP.NET AJAX), Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, The 2007 Microsoft Office system, SQL Server 2008, and Windows Mobile devices. The number of platforms that developers must target to meet business needs is increasing rapidly. Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition provides the integrated toolset for addressing all of these needs by providing a superset of the functionality available in Visual Studio 2008 Standard Edition.
Today's developers face the challenge of targeting a broad range of platforms and crafting applications that quickly deliver value to the business. Integrated designers and language features in Visual Studio allow developers to build the connected applications demanded by today's businesses while taking advantage of the .NET Framework 3.5 to reduce development time.
- Deliver high-performance applications - Connect to the data you need, regardless of its location, and build data driven applications using Language Integrated Query (LINQ).
- Build great client applications - Develop compelling solutions that leverage the user experience and capabilities of the 2007 Microsoft Office system and Windows Vista.
- Build powerful Web applications - Build rich, interactive applications using the ASP.NET AJAX interactive Web interfaces.
- Build applications for Windows, the Web, the Microsoft Office system, the .NET Framework, SQL Server, and Windows Mobile with integrated drag-and-drop designers
- Visual Studio integrates Visual Basic, Visual C#, and Visual C++ to support a wide variety of development styles
- Editor features such as Edit and Continue and Microsoft IntelliSense simplify the cycle of designing, developing, and debugging an application
- Deploy client applications easily with ClickOnce, which enables developers and IT Pros to deploy an application and its prerequisites and then ensure that the application remains up-to-date
- Build applications which target the .NET Framework, shortening development time by reducing the need for infrastructure code and helping to enhance application security
- Use ASP.NET to speed the creation of interactive, highly appealing Web applications and Web services. Master Pages allow developers to easily manage a consistent site layout in one place
- A community of millions of developers ensures that developers can find partners and other community members addressing the same challenges
- Build applications that utilize the latest Web technologies with improved support for AJAX and Web Controls and the Microsoft AJAX Library
- Create Web applications more easily with an improved design surface and standards support
- Utilize data from any data source more smoothly with LINQ, a set of language extensions to Visual Basic and Visual C#
- Manage and build applications that target multiple versions of the .NET Framework. For the first time, you can use one tool to work on applications that run on .NET Framework versions 2.0, 3.0, and 3.5
- Ensure application correctness more easily with integrated unit testing in Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition
- Discover the full power of the .NET Framework 3.5 with integrated tools which simplify building great user experiences and connected systems
- Build stunning user experiences with integrated designers for Windows Presentation Foundation. Experiences built with WPF can interoperate seamlessly with Windows Forms
- Create connected applications using new visual designers for Windows Communications Foundation and Windows Workflow Foundation
- Use Visual Studio's professional development environment to build Microsoft Office-based solutions that are reliable, scalable, and easy to maintain (available in Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition only)
- Enhance collaboration between developers and designers to create more compelling user experiences
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|Licence Type||Complete Package|
|Licence Quantity||1 User|
|Operating System||Microsoft Windows Server 2003 / Server 2003 R2 / Vista / XP / Windows 7|
|Min CPU||1.6 GHz or faster processor|
|Min HDD||2.2 GB|
|Min RAM||384 MB of RAM (768 MB of RAM or more for Windows Vista)|
|Min Screen Requirements||1024 x 768 or higher-resolution display|
|Peripheral Devices||DVD-ROM drive; mouse & keyboard|
|Other Software Requirements||5400 RPM hard drive|
Requirements vary for different combinations of components within Visual Studio 2008 Professional Editions.
To install Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition, you need:
- Computer with a 1.6 GHz or faster processor
- Visual Studio 2008 can be installed on the following operating systems:
- Windows Vista (x86 & x64) - all editions except Starter Edition
- Windows XP (x86 & x64) with Service Pack 2 or later - all editions except Starter Edition
- Windows Server 2003 (x86 & x64) with Service Pack 1 or later (all editions)
- Windows Server 2003 R2 (x86 and x64) or later (all editions)
- 384 MB of RAM or more (768 MB of RAM or more for Windows Vista)
- 2.2 GB of available hard-disk space
- 5400 RPM hard drive
- 1024 x 768 or higher-resolution display
- DVD-ROM Drive
- Additional features may require Internet access. Fees may apply.
Product information is advisory only. Specifications and compatibility should be checked with the manufacturer before order. Images are for illustrative purposes only.