Microsoft Visual SourceSafe 2005
- Platform: Windows
- Manufacturer: Microsoft
- Type: Retail Boxed, Full Edition
- MPN: 324-00497
- Stock Code: 012817
- More: Visual SourceSafe
- Availability: Unavailable
This product is no longer available to purchase.
Please see our Related Products section for an alternative product or for an up to date version of this software.
Microsoft Visual SourceSafe 2005 is a version control system for individual developers or small teams who need a lightweight, client-only, file server application for source code control. Larger development teams requiring an enterprise-grade source code control solution are encouraged to evaluate Visual Studio Team Foundation Server.
Through project-oriented version control and rich integration with Visual Studio, Visual SourceSafe provides individual developers and small teams with the appropriate tools to make safe alterations to existing code and track changes across users, projects and time. This new release builds upon existing version control methods, and updates and improves this popular system.Start using this desktop solution right out of the box.
- Install in just a few minutes. Typical desktop installation is quick and requires no additional hardware or software.
- Immediately view project snapshots and differences between source code versions. Use labels to quickly retrieve previous versions.
- Enjoy better performance and stbility. Access projects and source code faster using your local area network (LAN).
- Store more. Work on files up to 4.0 GB in size.
- Check out Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 files automatically. Save time by checking out files from a local directory - no need for network download.
- Streamline Web projects. Specify project locations more flexibly, synchronize renamed or deleted files within Visual Studio, and browse source-controlled projects using the standard Open Project dialog box.
- Get international file support. Easily store, compare, and merge UTF-8 and Unicoded file content.
- Work on projects anywhere in the world by connecting to Visual SourceSafe databases wherever HTTP or HTTPS Web access is available.
- Customize your environment with support for custok viewers, merge tools, and editors.
- Labels provide snapshots of a project for the quick retrieval of any previous version in the software life cycle.
- Difference reporting provides quick access to changes across separate versions of the same file.
- Analysis tools for ensuring the integrity and reliability of every project database.
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|Licence Type||Complete Package|
|Licence Quantity||1 User|
|Operating System||Windows Vista/XP SP2/2000 SP4/2003 SP1/2003 R2/XP Pro x64 (WOW)/2003 x64 (WOW)/2003 R2 x64 (WOW)|
|Min CPU||600 MHz or faster|
|Min RAM||192 MB (256 MB recommended)|
|Min Screen Requirements||1024x768 16-bit screen display|
|Peripheral Devices||CD- or DVD-ROM drive; mouse & keyboard|
Product information is advisory only. Specifications and compatibility should be checked with the manufacturer before order. Images are for illustrative purposes only.