Crystal Reports 2008
Crystal Reports 2008 is a powerful, dynamic, actionable reporting solution that helps you design, explore, visualize, and deliver reports via the web or embedded in enterprise applications. It enables end users to consume reports with stunning visualizations, conduct on-report business modeling, and execute decisions instantly from the report itself - reducing dependency on IT and developers.
FEATURES:Crystal Reports 2008 provides advanced functionality to help reduce report proliferation and maintenance - increasing visualization exibility and saving time with highly productive design features.
- Xcelsius Integration - Import Xcelsius-generated SWF files into your report and benefit from improved design-time integration and stunning visualizations. Enhance your reports with what-if scenario models that enable users to make important decisions dynamically, without leaving the report file.
- Adobe Flex Integration - Integrate your reports with operational workflows by embedding Adobe Flex (SWF) applications into your reports. Using Adobe Flex Builder you can create any business-user UI to access report data and integrate with external web services. Data in your report can be passed to the Flex application via Flashvars, making it easy to create a flexible UI even when you don't have access to your data via web services. The Flex applications can do tasks like database write-back - invoking operational workflows directly within Crystal Reports.
- Parameter Panel - The report designer and the .NET Winform and .NET Webform viewers have a parameter panel so that parameter values can be set without refreshing data. Parameters used are displayed on the panel so that report consumers can easily see them, make changes, and have the new values applied directly to the saved data.
- Interactive Report Viewing - On-report sorting, filtering, and report reformatting with the .NET Winform and NET Webform viewers allows users to explore information interactively without re-querying the database. New optional parameters provide for complex user-driven filtering scenarios. Users can answer more business questions with fewer, more flexible reports - significantly reducing Developer and IT support dependency.
- Adobe Flash Integration - A wide variety of flexible data presentation options are now available through Flash. Flash (SWF) files can be integrated into your report and report data can be shared with SWF via Flashvars for compelling, interactive, and information-rich reports. The SWF files can be embedded in the report or linked via a website.
- Powerful Crosstabs - Add business-critical information to your reports without coding. Summary, variance, and any other customer calculations can be inserted into a crosstab row or a column - especially useful for reports that benefit from a table structure such as financial reports. The crosstab table structure makes reports much faster to build and maintain. This feature also provides powerful benefits to crosstab-based charts since custom formulas in the crosstab can be visualized within the charts.
- Flexible Pagination - Facilitate better online report viewing to your end users. Report designers can customize page size and easily control page breaking after N records/groups. A single report can combine portrait and landscape oriented pages and the white space at the end of groups can be removed by compressing the page footers. Online report consumption is improved because reports are easier to read.
- Integration with Xcelsius, Adobe Flex, and Adobe Flash - Developers now have the ability to produce powerful mashups pulling data from various sources. They can easily integrate components designed in Flash and Flex without any coding, and significantly expand the scope of their application deployment.
- Web services data driver - Integrating with various web services is difficult and complex due to a variety of implementation types. The new data driver offers additional web access to web services by providing support for RPC encoding of SOAP messages, SSL-secured web servers, as well as a working compatibility with the WS-Security standards. It adapts to custom logon requirements such as email addresses or user/password. Developers combine the flexibility of XML and Web Services with report formatting and visualization to deliver reports that link report data to sophisticated interactive data mashups such as integration with third party mapping systems.
- Built-in barcode support - Generate barcodes with only a few clicks of the mouse by using the new 'turn to barcode' function in the context menu. Easily convert fields to Code39 barcodes without any coding or extra steps. Additional barcode fonts are available from third-party vendors.
- Enhanced Designer Features - Report designer will be more productive with features like global formula search, duplicate formula, duplicate running total, auto complete field names, and the Find in Field Explorer feature.
- Single Edition - Crystal Reports 2008 comes in a single edition that is the feature equivalent of the old Developer Edition. This single offering provides customers with quick access to the features they need to meet any application and user requirement. Report samples and developer documentation are now a free, optional download
- Multilingual Reporting - Choose the working language you prefer by simply selecting the language packs you wish to use during product installation. Then switch the report designer UI to use any of the installed language packs. The report content locale can also be explicitly set for each report file. This setting controls sorting, grouping and formatting that matches the local language customs and conventions
- Reduced Install Footprint - The download size has been reduced to 250MB to provide fast access via the download site. The runtime files included in developer applications are also significantly smaller.
- Save reports directly to crystalreports.com - Expand your deployment options with on-demand reporting capabilities when you open and save reports directly to crystalreports.com. This new integration allows you to manage and share your reports securely without dependency on IT.
- Integrated salesforce.com driver - The salesforce.com driver included with Crystal Reports 2008 allows for easy access to complete customer data - turning it into actionable business information. Reports that use a salesforce.com driver will refresh when deployed to crystalreports.com.
- Improved XML Exporting - Render reports in almost any format and enjoy faster and easier integration with your industry-specific business processes - without any custom coding. The XSLT transformations are embedded into the report file and will be triggered by users from within the viewer when exporting to XML. This provides a powerful, flexible hook for transforming Crystal Reports data and integrating it into other applications.
- NET report modification SDK - The Report Application Server SDK is now available for users of CR.NET API without the use of a RAS server. Report modification such as changing / adding / removing database providers, adding / removing / creating report objects, parameters, formulas, and sections can be achieved by accessing the RAS SDK through the CR .NET SDK.
CRYSTAL REPORTS 2008: WHAT'S NEW
You've never seen a report do this before!
Crystal Reports 2008 builds on 15 years and 12 versions. It's the reporting tool of choice for millions of IT professionals, application developers, and report consumers.
- Empower end users to explore reports interactively
- Create compelling reports with stunning visualizations
- Develop powerful data mashups
- Save valuable report design time
- Enjoy comprehensive report deployment options and an improved report designer
- Provide more information with one report and reduce report proliferation
- Win in the market place with high-impact report presentations
- Quickly embed Xcelsius, Flash and Flex applications in Crystal Reports without coding
- Reduce development time and increase designer productivity - Enable users to explore more information interactively - online and on their desktop
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|Licence Type||Complete Package|
|Licence Quantity||1 User|
|Operating System||Microsoft Windows XP SP2 / Windows Server 2003 SP1 or Later|
|Min CPU||Intel Pentium III or equivalent processor|
|Min HDD||300 MB|
|Min RAM||256 MB (512 MB recommended)|
|Min Screen Requirements||1024x768|
|Peripheral Devices||CD- or DVD-ROM drive; mouse & keyboard|
Crystal Reports 2008 comes in a single edition that is the feature equivalent of the previous Developer Edition.
Supported Data Sources: Native, ODBC, OLE DB, and JDBC connectivity to relational, OLAP, web services, XML, legacy, and enterprise data sources, and new salesforce.com driver.
Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese (Brazilian), Dutch, Swedish, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Japanese, and Korean.System Requirements
- Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack (SP) 2, Windows Server 2003 with SP1, or later
- Intel Pentium III or equivalent processor
- 256 MB RAM, 512 Recommended
- 300 MB available hard drive space, 600 MB recommended with Visual Studio .NET integration
- Native, ODBC, OLE DB, and JDBC connectivity to relational, OLAP, web services, XML, legacy, and enterprise data sources, and new salesforce.com driver./li>
Product information is advisory only. Specifications and compatibility should be checked with the manufacturer before order. Images are for illustrative purposes only.