Norton Internet Security 2010 - 10 User
- Platform: Windows
- Manufacturer: Symantec
- Type: Retail Boxed, Full Edition
- MPN: 20043811
- Stock Code: 025282
- More: .
- Availability: Call For Availability
This product is no longer available to purchase.
Please see our Related Products section for an alternative product or for an up to date version of this software.
Norton Internet Security 2010 delivers fast and light comprehensive online threat protection. It guards your PC, network, online activities and your identity with innovative, intelligent detection technologies optimized to combat today's aggressive, rapid-fire attacks. Improved Norton Safe Web technology blocks Internet threats before they can infect your PC. So you can browse, buy and bank online with confidence. It even warns you of unsafe web sites right in your search results. Plus, unlike other Internet security suites, it provides easy-to-understand threat and performance information to help you avoid future threats and keep your PC running fast.
- NEW Delivers clear threat and performance explanations--Gives you greater insight into downloaded applications and files by telling you where they came from, if they can be trusted, and how they may impact your PC's resources and performance.
- NEW Identifies unsafe web sites right in your search results--Warns you of dangerous web sites and suspicious sellers so you can surf and shop online with confidence.
- IMPROVED! Stops online identity theft, viruses, spyware, bots and more--Guards your PC, online activities, and your identity against all types of Internet threats.
- IMPROVED! Stops attacks before they get on your PC--Proactively blocks hackers and prevents dangerous software from downloading to your computer when you surf the web.
- Uses intelligence-driven Norton Insight Network for faster, fewer, shorter scans--Detects and eliminates dangerous software with the shortest scan times of any security product. *
- New--Norton IdentitySafe On-the-Go lets you access your most up-to-date log-ins and passwords on any Norton Internet Security 2010 protected PC.
- New--Norton Safe Web identifies unsafe and dangerous web sites right in your search results.
- New--Analyzes downloads, files and applications and tells you if they can be trusted before you install and use them.
- New--Parental Controls give you insight into your kids' online activities so you can teach them good Internet habits and help keep them safe.
- New--Professional-strength antispam protection uses the same technology as many large businesses to effectively block unwanted emails.
- Improved--Norton Protection System delivers multiple layers of security that work together to provide comprehensive Internet threat protection.
- Improved--Norton IdentitySafe offers one-click log-ins and automatic form filling to prevent key loggers from stealing your information as you type.
- Improved--Vulnerability Protection guards security holes in your operating system, applications, browsers and browser plug-ins.
- Improved--Detects and gets rid of even the hardest to find Internet Explorer and Firefox cookies.
- Improved--Norton Bootable Recovery Tool repairs, restores and boots severely infected, unbootable PCs.
- Industry-leading anti-phishing technology authenticates safe sites and protects you from visiting unsafe and fraudulent web sites.
- Smart Firewall stops hackers and makes intelligent security decisions for you.
Engineered for Speed
- Improved--Proven fastest, lightest security suite for protection that won't slow you down, get in your way, or swallow up system resources.
- Improved--Norton Insight scans only files at risk for fewer, shorter scans and the fastest scanning times in the industry.
- Uses less memory than any other security suite.
- Won't slow you down when you download, copy, or edit files, or install applications.
Combats today's rapid-fire attacks
- New--Norton Insight Network uses Symantec's global security network to provide real-time protection from the latest-breaking threats.
- New--SONAR 2 (Symantec Online Network for Advanced Response) uses online intelligence and proactive monitoring to detect and stop new threats.
- Norton Pulse Updates provide rapid mini updates every 5 to 15 minutes for up-to-the-minute local protection against the latest threats.
- Prevents bots from taking control of your PC.
- Finds and removes rootkits.
- Prevents Internet worms from getting on your PC.
- Tells you which application processes currently running on your PC are safe and which are at risk.
- Norton Bootable Recovery Tool provides a deep level of cleaning for heavily infected PCs.
Provides info on threats, downloads and files
- New--Norton Download Insight warns you of dangerous downloads before you install and use them.
- New--Norton Threat Insight tells you if threats were detected, what actions the threats attempted to perform on your system, and how Norton Internet Security eliminated those threats.
- New--Norton File Insight tells you where files and applications came from, if they're trusted, and how they may be impacting your PC's speed.
Helps keep your PC running at top speed
- New--Norton System Insight helps you improve and maintain PC and application performance.
- New--Automatic and on-demand application optimization improves application performance.
- New--Norton System Insight gives you an overview of recent events on your PC such as installs, downloads, scans and detected threats, so you can see what events may have impacted your PC's performance.
- New--Norton System Insight resource usage graphs help you pinpoint what's causing your PC to slow down.
- New--Tells you how files and applications impact your PC's performance.
Protection without disruption
- New--Automatically delays product updates and other tasks if you're watching TV or burning CDs/DVDs.
- New--Power Saver Settings help extend portable PC battery life by putting off power-intensive activities until your computer is plugged in.
- Smart Scheduler conducts scans and other tasks only when your PC is idle.
- Automatically switches to Silent Mode (no alerts, updates or scans) when watching movies or playing games in full-screen mode.
- New--Monthly report tells you what Norton Internet Security has done in the past month to protect you and your PC.
- Free 24x7 support by phone, email, live chat or online knowledge base.
- Automatically scans emails and IMs for infections.
- Maps and monitors your home wireless network so you can see everything connected to it--even unauthorized visitors like the PC next door.
- Automatically downloads protection updates and new product features as they become available during your service period.
- With the Norton Automated Renewal Service your yearly subscription can be automatically renewed for uninterrupted protection.
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Complete Package|
|License Quantity||10 Users|
|Operating System||Microsoft Windows XP (32-bit) with Service Pack 2 or later Home/Professional/Media Center; Microsoft Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter/Home Basic/Home Premium/Business/Ultimate; Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter/Home Basic/Home Premium/Professional/Ultimate|
|Min CPU||300 MHz or faster processor|
|Min HDD||300 MB of available hard disk space|
|Min RAM||256 MB of RAM (512 MB RAM required for Recovery Tool)|
|Peripheral Devices||CD- or DVD-ROM drive; mouse & keyboard|
Microsoft Windows XP (32-bit) with Service Pack 2 or later Home/Professional/Media Center
Microsoft Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter/Home Basic/Home Premium/Business/Ultimate
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter/Home Basic/Home Premium/Professional/Ultimate
Minimum Hardware Requirements
- 300 MHz or faster processor
- 256 MB of RAM (512 MB RAM required for Recovery Tool)
- 300 MB of available hard disk space
- CD-ROM or DVD drive (if not installing via electronic download)
Support for AntiSpam
- Microsoft Outlook 2002 or later
- Microsoft Outlook Express 6.0 or later
- Windows Mail (spam filtering only)
Browser support for Vulnerability Protection and Phishing Protection
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher (32-bit only)
- Mozilla Firefox 3.0 and later
Email scanning support for POP3-and SMTP-compatible email clients
Important information for download customers: To create the Norton Recovery CD for Norton Internet Security 2010, you will need to download a special recovery .ISO file and create a recovery CD using a blank CD-R disc. Complete instructions will be provided with your purchase confirmation.
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.