McAfee Internet Security Suite 2010
- Platform: Windows
- Manufacturer: McAfee
- Type: Retail Boxed, Full Edition
- MPN: MIS10EMB1RAA
- Stock Code: 165238
- More: .
- Availability: Call For Availability
This product is no longer available to purchase.
Please see our Related Products section for an alternative product or for an up to date version of this software.
Protect yourself, your computer, your identity and your family with McAfee Internet Security 2010. With the daily emergence of new and more sophisticated Internet threats that could disrupt your Digital life, you need more than a simple Anti-Virus program. You need McAfee Internet Security 2010 - a comprehensive, feature-rich, and simple-to-use security software.
Active Protection--Our revolutionary Active Protection technology provides the fastest protection against malicious threats to your PC. New and emerging threats are analyzed and blocked in milliseconds, so you don't have to wait for regular updates to arrive.
Quickscan--Checks for threats in the areas of your computer that are most often attacked.
Faster performance--Now with quicker startup, shutdown, and scan times, it runs silently in the background without slowing down your PC so you can play games, watch videos, and use applications uninterrupted.
Enterprise-class anti-spam--Upgraded with powerful industry grade spam protection that helps keep your inbox free from unwanted, fraudulent, offensive, and phishing emails.
Power optimization--Extends the battery lifetime of notebook PCs by deferring scheduled scans until the computer is plugged in and can be set up to shut down automatically after running a scan to help save energy.
Age-appropriate searching--Automatically sets the proper content filtering levels of popular search engines.
Parental controls support for Google Chrome-- Lets your children choose Google's latest web browser and still be protected.
New Product Highlights
Anti-virus and antispyware--Detects, blocks, and removes viruses, spyware, and adware.
Anti-phishing--Alerts you to websites that may try to steal your identity.
Identity protection--Helps you to shop, bank, and trade online safely.
Two-way firewall protection--Confidently use the Internet 24/7 knowing hackers can't get access to your PCs.
Website safety ratings--Warns you with colorcoded ratings about unsafe websites.
Data Backup--Automatically saves copies of your files to CD/DVD, USB, external, or network drive
SiteAdvisor--Warns about unsafe web sites
SecurityCenter--A security status screen with fully customizable options
SystemGuards--Warns when your computer shows specific behaviors that may signal virus, spyware, or hacker activity
Stealth Mode--Makes your computer invisible to intruders online
Shredder--Removes any trace of confidential files from your computer
- Protection without Interference--Watch movies or play games uninterrupted as McAfee security service intelligently defers tasks, updates, and alerts when you're in full-screen mode
Specifications / System Requirements
|Package Type||Retail Boxed Package|
|License Type||Complete Package|
|License Quantity||1 User|
|Operating System||Microsoft Windows 2000 (32-bit) with Service Pack 4 (SP4) or higher; Microsoft Windows XP (32-bit) with Service Pack 2 (SP2) or higher; Microsoft Windows Vista (32- or 64-bit); Microsoft Windows 7 (32- or 64-bit)|
|Min CPU||1 GHz processor|
|Min HDD||250 MB of available free drive space|
|Min RAM||512 MB (1 GB recommended)|
|Min Screen Requirements||800x600 or higher resolution|
|Peripheral Devices||DVD-ROM drive; mouse & keyboard|
|Other Software Requirements||Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later|
- Microsoft Windows 2000 (32-bit) with Service Pack 4 (SP4) or higher; Microsoft Windows XP (32-bit) with Service Pack 2 (SP2) or higher; Microsoft Windows Vista (32- or 64-bit); Microsoft Windows 7 (32- or 64-bit)
- 1 GHz processor
- 800x600 or higher resolution
- 512 MB RAM (1 GB recommended)
- 250 MB of available free drive space
- Internet connection
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later
- Optional: Mozilla Firefox 2.0 or later
Supported Email Programs
- POP3--Microsoft Outlook Express, Microsoft Outlook, Eudora, Netscape, IncrediMail and Thunderbird.
- Web--MSN/Hotmail, or email account with POP3 access.
Anti-spam fully integrates with the following email clients:
- Outlook Express 6.0 or later
- Windows Mail
- Outlook 2000 or later
- Qualcomm Eudora 6.0 or later
- Thunderbird 1.5 or later
- Anti-Spam also supports any other POP3 email client (without SSL) and Web accounts (MSN/Hotmail paid accounts and accounts with POP3 access).
Product information, specifications, and compatibility are for advisory purposes only, and is the buyers full responsibility to verify with the manufacturer prior to ordering.